I work with and am asked to speak to a wide variety of groups locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. I customize each presentation to meet the needs of the group (e.g., coaches, sport parents, youth sport organizations, school/university, national governing body, conference, athletic department, team, athletic administrators). My presentations are interactive, engaging, applied, and always evidence-based. [click here to see a list of my research publications]
I frequently work with coaches at all levels of competition, coaches of both male and female athletes and male and female coaches, to help them be more effective and to improve the enjoyment, development and performance of their athletes. While I work with all coaches, I have a particular passion for increasing the number of female coaches at all levels. I also work with sport organizations and leaders to accelerate systems change in sport.
Videos of my Presentations [click here]
Some of the most frequent topics I am asked to give keynotes and workshops about include:
- Diversity & Inclusion: It Starts at the Top with Organizational Culture
- Developing a G.R.E.A.T Team Culture (customized to athletes, athletic departments, clubs, teams, schools)
- Surviving and Thriving in the Coaching Profession: Strategies for Women Coaches
- Changing the Narratives About Women Coaches & Unsticking Stagnation
- Strategies for Recruiting, Hiring and Retaining Women Coaches
- Current Research on Women in Sport
- Coaching Girls: The Myths and The Evidence
- Why Women Coaches Matter!
- Myths & Facts about Title IX
- Media Portrayals of Female Athletes: The Good, the Bad and the Counterproductive
- Does Sex Sell Women’s Sport?
- Be G.R.E.A.T Personally and Professionally: Five Strategies
- Changing the Culture of Sport
- Controlling Your Narrative
- Tips for Being or Becoming a Public Scholar
- Psychology of Coaching: Effective Motivational Strategies
- Psychology of Coaching: Effective Communication
- Developing Confidence in Yourself and Your Athletes: Strategies for Coaches
- Out With Burnout, In With Engagement: Strategies for Coaches
- Mental Training Tips for Coaches: Helping Athletes go from Good to G.R.E.A.T!
- Psychology of Coaching: Working Together with Sport Parents
- Parents Learning About Youth Sports (Minnesota PLAYS™)
- Sports-based Youth Development: Optimizing Development, Experience and Performance
- Character Education and Moral Development In and Through Sports
- Becoming a Moral Exemplar Sport Coach
- Navigating the “Grey Area”: The Ethical Dilemmas of Collegiate Coaches
- An Evidence-based Case for Equal Playing Time in Youth Sports
- The Professionalization of Youth Sports: Benefits and Consequences
- Developing Physically Active Girls (To see a short video of me delivering a Pecha Kucha on this topic, click here)
- Developing Physically Active Youth
Some organizations I have worked with and delivered presentations to include:
Women’s Employee Resource Group/Best Buy, OutSpoken Triathlon, Intercollegiate Tennis Coaches Association, Pass it Forward: Maine Women Basketball Coaches, Women Leaders in College Sports, European Institute of Golf Course Architects (EIGCA), International Sociology of Sport Association (ISSA), Women in Sports and Events (WISE) Twin Cities, Sport Marketing Association, The Institute for the Study of Sport, Society and Social Change, Leadership U, USA Sailing, Wisconsin Athletic Directors Association (WADA), SCRI/SIRC, HP Sport New Zealand, Women in Sport Aotearoa, Canada Gender Equity Task Force, New Zealand Women + Girls in Sport Symposium, Aspen Institute Project Play Summit, Big East Diversity & Inclusion Task Force, College Swim Coaches Association, WeCOACH, NCAA Women Coaches Academy & Academy 2.0, US Women’s Rugby Conference, National Dance Coaches Association, Theatre of Public Policy, SCAC Women Leadership Symposium, US Ski & Snowboard, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, MN Wild Leadership Summit, NCAA Inclusion Forum, Gustavus Women in Leadership (GWiL), USA Swimming & Diving, Japanese Women Leaders and Coaches Academy, Social Justice through Sport & Exercise Psychology Conference, B1G Ten Conference, Wellesley College Athletics, Smith College Athletics, United Soccer Coaches (formerly NSCAA), Minnesota Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (MnIAAA), MIAC Student Athlete Leadership Conference,
Minneapolis Area Athena Awards, St. Paul Area Athena Awards, Association of Women’s Collegiate Hockey Coaches, Naples-Florida CEHD University of Minnesota Alumni Association, MIAC/UMAC Educational Symposium for Coaches, Athletic Directors and Athletes, Water Polo Women Coaches Symposium (WOW), Sports Dentistry Conference, Fairview Hospital Sideline Review for Athletic Trainers, USA Hockey American Development Model Symposium, Prior Lake Soccer Club, NCAA Women Coaches Academy, Alliance for Women Coaches Huddle, espnW Summit, International Working Group on Women in Sport, American Association University Women (AAUW; Mpls, St. Paul, and St. Cloud chapters), Minnesota State High School Coaches Association, Minnesota State High School Girls’ Basketball Coaches Association, Minnesota State High School Softball Coaches Association, Eagan Athletic Association, Minnesota Youth Soccer Association, National Association for Girls and Women in Sport, USA Hockey, Up 2 Us, Algerian Basketball Federation, American-Israeli Friendship League, Ortonville MN School District coaching staff, St. Cloud State University Athletic Department, Carleton College and Augsburg College student athletes, Mayo Action on Obesity Summit, University of Minnesota Alumni Association, Prior Lake Rotary, Detroit Lakes Rotary, Women’s Philanthropic Leadership Circle, Minnesota Lynx, United States Tennis Association Teacher’s Conference, National Youth Sport Program, St. Cloud State Women On Wednesday Symposium, University of Nevada Soccer Coaching Symposium, Applied Research Consortium for Youth Development, Think Hockey Summer Camps, Tennis: Europe!, Blogs With Balls, Forest Lake Traveling Basketball Association.
In addition, I have presented research at academic conferences some of which include: Association Applied Sport Psychology (AASP), Social Justice through Sport & Exercise Science (SJSEP), Association for Moral Education (AME), North American Association Study of Sport Sociology (NASSS), National Committee for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE), and the Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Active Living Conference.
If you are interested in having me work with or speak to your group, please send me an email [email@example.com], or call me at 612.626.6055 and we can talk about how to customize a presentation to fit your needs.