I had to put together a little quiz on girls and women in sport, so I thought I’d post it here. Take this 5 questions quiz WITHOUT Googling and I’ll post the answers tomorrow.
Women & Girls Sport Quiz
1. In what year was the federal law Title IX passed that required gender equity in every educational program that receives federal funding?
2. Who is the greatest female golfer from Minnesota who co-founded and was the first president of the
3. Which governing body of college sport was the largest in the late 1970s?
4. She defeated Bobby Riggs (a former men’s Wimbledon champion) in a tennis match and founded the Women’s Sport Foundation.
5. Which female Olympian in the summer games has the most gold medals?
ANSWERS: 1) 1972, 2) Patty Berg, 3) AIAW has >100 more members than the NCAA, 4) Billie Jean King, 5) Jenny Thompson has 8 gold medals.
2 Replies to “Women & Girls in Sport Mini-Quiz”
Gymnast Larissa Latynina actually has the most Olympic golds with 9.
Interesting…I suppose I could say “which US female athlete”…